Both these trains are operated by Rajasthan Tourism Development Corporation and offer tours to erstwhile princely states of Rajasthan. Both these trains also halt in Agra for sightseeing tour of Taj Mahal, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and one of the 7 Modern Wonders of the World.
|Taj Mahal in Agra is one of the most iconic images of India|
Palace on Wheels refurbishment
- Carpets are being changed in all saloons of the Palace on Wheels.
- All saloons curtains, sheer curtains and pelmets are being changed.
- Carpets, curtains and furniture are going to be changed in public areas of the train i.e. bar and dining cars on board Palace on Wheels.
- All saloons’ toilets are being refurbished by changing tiles, sanitary fittings, mirrors etc.
- Tapestry of bar and sofa are being changed in all saloons.
- The melamine polishing will be redone in entire train.
- The ornate ceiling paintings of all saloons are being redone.
- The central tables of all saloons, rakes and bedside tables are being replaced.
- Non A/c areas are being redecorated by replacing curtains and dirt mats.
- Pantries of the Palace on Wheels are being equipped with modern equipment's.
- 5 star hotel quality linen and cosmetics is being introduced in guest cabins of Palace on Wheels.
- Special Training Program has been conducted for all the staff members of Royal Rajasthan on Wheels to improve the service quality.
- Staff training is done at a leading luxury hotel in India.
- Wall-to-Wall Carpet is being furnished inside the train carriages.
- Cabin and bathroom doors are being replaced to reduce noise.
- Curtains and Bed Covers will be replaced with new and high quality linen.
- The exterior and interior paint of the Royal Rajasthan on Wheels will be redone to give the train a fresh and attractive look.
- The interior of the train is also being redone so as to ensure memorable experience to the guests traveling on board Royal Rajasthan on Wheels.