Not Just Yet another Beach Destination: Agonda Beach, Goa
|Coco Huts at Agonda Beach, Goa|
Not a Secret Beach of South Goa Anymore
A decade ago, Agonda beach was like a best kept secret. Today Agonda beach is like a secret garden that is open and accessible to all beach lovers.
Agonda Beach is the second in the list of preferences after Palolem beach who are enticed to the attractiveness of the large 3 kms beach, secrecy and empty beaches. In the responses of tourists it is highlighted that Agonda is for those who need peace and quiet, nice food, and decent housing at affordable prices. “Serene quiet beach away from the crowds. An ideal place for sun admirers and for those, who want to meditate or read a book” - this is Agonda for many now.
Olive Ridley Turtle Beach of South Goa: Agonda Beach
Agonda 2nd on the List of Top 25 Beaches in Asia
1. White Beach, Boracay, Philippines
2. Agonda Beach, Agonda, India
3. Railay Beach, Railay Beach, Thailand
4. Radhanagar Beach, Havelock Island, India
5. Phra Nang Beach, Ao Nang, Thailand
6. Nai Harn Beach, Karon, Thailand
7. Cavelossim Beach, Cavelossim, India
8. Otres Beach, Sihanoukville, Cambodia
9. Secret Lagoon Beach, El Nido, Philippines
10. Yapak Beach (Puka Shell Beach), Boracay, Philippines
11. Kata Beach, Kathu, Thailand
12. Varkala Beach, Varkala, India
13. Lamai Beach, Koh Samui, Thailand
14. Lighthouse Beach, Kovalam, India
15. Long Beach, Ko Lanta, Thailand
16. Mandrem Beach, Mandrem, India
17. Baga Beach, Calangute, India
18. Cua Dai Beach, Hoi An, Vietnam
19. Padang Padang Beach, Bali, Indonesia
20. Yalong Bay, Sanya, China
21. Kamala Beach, Phuket, Thailand
22. Chishingtan Beach, Hualien, Taiwan
23. Haeundae Beach
24. Candolim Beach
25. Freedom Beach, Patong, Thailand
Best Way to Experience Agonda Beach is in a Coco Hut
Agonda is the only beach where I came across many beach huts as being called as Coco Huts. Many of the beach accommodations that I visited during my stay at one of the local guest houses, I found that most of the beach huts or beach cottages owners prefer to call their accommodations as coco huts. This was something new and peculiar only with this South Goa beach of Agonda.
Hand Made & Hand Built Herbal Coco Huts, Back to Nature at End of the Season.
In South Goa, due to the regulations of the local government agencies called the Panchayat, not even a single person or private company is allowed to build permanent beach huts on beach region that comes under the designated area of CRZ or Coastal Regulation Zone. Hence all the Coco huts or beach huts at Agonda beach are natural, eco-friendly and dismountable in the Monsoon seasons.