Luckily of late, women have started to travel a lot alone or in women-only groups. In this blog, we present a list of Top 22 Destinations in India for Women Solo Travelers. Most of these places are secure and are frequently visited and endorsed by other women travelers. The locals are warm and hospitable and attractions abound in terms of natural sceneries, shopping spots and rich and lip-smacking delicacies. Find out below which places find the spot in your checklist for most suitable to travel alone.
|Women Travellers in Jodhpur by Live Mint|
Andaman and Nicobar Islands
Places to Visit in Himachal Pradesh
- Avoid travelling alone at night. It is better to pay extra amount and choose safety than otherwise. Hire a porter at train stations and prefer to travel by first class for extra security.
- Transition during travel is one of the most hectic times and the best way to avoid it is to plan as much as you can in advance. You can do this by doing extensive research on the bus, train or plane that you will take whilst the best option is always to buy your tickets well ahead of your schedule.
- Make sure you have a place to go when you land at your destination. The best way to do this is to book the first night’s accommodation ahead of time so that you don’t have look out for a place if you reach at odd hours.
- You can ensure more security at your hotel by checking whether any families or any other solo women travelers are also staying there. Check your room as soon as you arrive.
- Try to reach your destination during day time so that you have enough time to change your hotel in case you don’t like it.
- Try to stay in public space as much as possible and avoid taking short cuts down the dark corners and alleys. Stay clear from shadows while walking.
- Use your discretion as much as possible and don’t rush into any decision or get pressurized from any stranger, vendor or a taxi driver. Dress suitably to avoid attention.
- Make sure to keep you cell phone charged at all times and always keep your closer friends and family in loop when departing or arriving at a destination.
- Whenever you are in a cab or an autorickshaw, always pretend to be on phone or texting someone so that the driver assumes that you are expected at some place.
- Always walk with a confident demeanor.
- Don’t accept any eatables or drink from any stranger.
- Don’t hesitate to shout or call for help if threatened or attacked.
- Try to learn some self-defense techniques.
Is India safe for women to travel alone?
Tips for Your First Solo Trip in India
Travel Tips for Smart Luxury Travelers