One of the most popular luxury trains of India, Maharajas’ Express is the most recent one too. The luxury train offers five pan-Indian journeys including the most vibrant destinations, wonderful tourist attractions, breathtaking views and offering a sneak-peak into the time-honored heritage legacy of India. The journey includes a stay on -board this luxury train which is filled with world-class modern luxuries and has a royal touch in its décor as well as hospitality.
|Maharajas Express: Luxury Train Travel in India|
Managed by the Indian Railways Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC), the extravagant Maharajas’ Express started in the year 2010. The 5 celebrated journeys of the train either start or conclude in Delhi and include a visit to Agra’s Taj Mahal, one of the Seven Wonders of the World. In the morning during every journey, the train chugs into a new destination, gets stationed at the city’s off-rail railway tracks. The visit includes sightseeing of prime destinations and attractions, special meals at hotels, royal residencies, shopping, folk performances and more. While 2 journeys include the very popular Golden Triangle tour destinations (Delhi, Jaipur and Agra), clubbed with wildlife at Ranthambore, the other 3 journeys include prime destinations of Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh and more.
The makers of the train carriages have taken their cue from the individual carriages of the erstwhile Royalty of India. The interiors boast of the same grandeur that is clubbed with modern luxurious conveniences. World-class comforts and the royal taste of the past have been amalgamated seamlessly on-board this luxury train of India, offering a 5-star stay to its guests.
The meals served on-board this Indian luxury train are a food connoisseur’s delight. The train has 2 restaurant coaches- Rang Mahal (Color Palace) and Mayur Mahal (Peacock Palace). The cutlery and plates are superb Limoges with gold linings on the edges, the cutlery carries the monogram of alphabet M and the glasses are festooned with special Swarovski hand-cut precious stones. The guests can savor sumptuous delicacies from a vast variety of Indian and popular World fares.
If all these temptations are not enough to allure you aboard the Maharaja Express, here are some other interest facts about this royal luxury train:
Maharajas’ Express has been voted World’s ‘Leading Luxury Train’ at the World Travel Awards, thrice- consecutively in 2012, 2013 and 2014. The train has won several other accolades and awards since its inception, the recent being the Seven Stars 2015 for the category ‘Luxury Hospitality and Life style Awards’.
- This luxury train also found its name in the list of World’s Top 25 Trains, by The Society of International Railway Travelers.
- Maharaja Express is flaunted as being the most luxurious train not only in Asia but also one of the most costly on earth.
- This luxury train chugs of for a memorable journey of 7 nights and 8 days or 3 nights and 4 days on every Wednesday.
- Maharajas’ Express is a kilometer lone with 14 guest carriages, named after precious stones like Heera (diamond), Moti (Pearl), Neelam (Blue Sapphire), Monga (Coral), Feeroza (Turquoise), Pukhraj (Sapphire) and so on.
- This luxury train of India traverses through the country’s landscape, offering 5 meticulously-planned journeys and covering over 12 exciting destinations.
- Maharajas’ Express, the Indian luxury train has a total of spacious 23 carriages used as guest carriages, restaurant carriages, bar carriages, generator, parlor, and store autos.
- The 5 journeys offer a mélange of thrilling and memorable experiences such as a visit to Taj Mahal in Agra, exploring erotica at Khajuraho temples, meeting the big cats at Ranthambore, a visit to the World Heritage Sites of Fatehpur Sikri, Ajanta and Ellora Caves etc., Elephant Polo Match in Jaipur, early morning boat ride in Varanasi and more.
- The other interesting feature is that all the journeys of Maharajas’ Express start and end either in Delhi or Mumbai. Both the metropolitan city are very well-connected by air, by rail and by road to the important destinations of Indian and World.
Luxury Train Travel in India: Maharajas Express
Top 10 Luxury Train Journeys in the World
30 Mind Blowing Facts About Indian Railways That You Have Never Heard
- Stay on-board the extravagant Maharajas’ Express is an unforgettable experience where guests can avail the benefits of a 5 star luxury hotel. The list of facilities and amenities include choice between double and twin beds, en-suite bathroom with premium toiletries, DVD player, central air-conditioning, LCD, Live TV, Direct dial telephone with international calling, Wi-Fi accessibility, butlers, electronic safe, and so on.